February 23, 2010

What's wrong with this card???

I purchased a box of 2010 Topps on the bay a couple of weeks ago. When I got them in the mail, I was excited as always when I get new baseball cards. I opened them up and I really liked the design and the action shots of the cards. Then I saw this one....now I'm not a big fan of pictures of the backs of players but I thought this one was a little ridiculous. WHO is this guy?????



You can't see his face OR even read his name on his jersey. The only way to know who this guy is is by looking at the name on the card and I'm hoping Topps even got it right!! I think they could have used a different picture!! I continued to open the rest of the packs and put them in order as I open each pack. I find it easier to sort them this way and I open the hit pack last. This is what I pulled from this box.....



Being a Tigers fan, I was stoked!!! I immediately went online to check out the odds of pulling one of these bad boys...1 per Hobby box! SWEET!!! After all...there are some good guys out on the bay that are not busting boxes to find case hits and sell the rest. After adding the cards from the 6-7 packs I bought at Target I was short 49 cards to complete the set. Luckily there was going to be a card show Valentine's weekend. So, I went on Saturday and found the cards I was missing and we bought a box for my step-son as well. Of course we had to go back Sunday to complete his set. Of course I have some doubles and I sent some to Night Owl to help him try and complete his set.

I like Topps, I've always liked Topps because that's all there was when I was a kid.

Oh by the way.....the card at the top is Scott Kazmir.

1 comment: