August 1, 2010

Topps Million Card Trade!

I've been offered a trade and I'm asking for your help. Someone has offered me a 1956 Virgil Trucks



for my 1969 Willie Stragell



I've had a lot of request for Willie and I have declined every one of them. This was one of the first few cards I have unlocked and first Hall of Famer in my collection. The others are '82 Molitor, '83 Rice and '85 Gwynn.

As you all know, I'm a BIG Tigers fan and I think this card would be nice to have in my collection. But, I was also a fan of the Pirates while growing up in the seventies.

So I'm torn between the 2 cards......Please offer some suggestions.

Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. If they were offering a '56 Dodgers pitcher of someone of Trucks' caliber, I would definitely trade it for the Stargell, as I'm a team collector.

    But I understand your quandary. That's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's break this down...

    Beckett Value (if you care): favor Trucks
    Team Preference: favor Trucks
    Better & More Famous: favor Stargell

    Personally, I'd go with the Stargell... but that's b/c I know him. Trucks was before my time. If I were you, I'd probably go with the Trucks, since he's a player from your team and after looking at his stats, he's not a common (nor is he a HOF).

    ReplyDelete