May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day and a Little Gypsy Queen!



Good Morning All...I would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day. We cannot forget to remember and honor those who gave up their lives for our freedom. Thank you to them and their families.

When Gypsy Queen came out and everyone was writing about them, I thought they were ugly and I wasn't going to buy any of them. Then I purchased this on the bay.....


the description said it was a Green Border "paper" card. I thought to myself, "What the heck...let's see what these cards are all about." It was cheap so I purchased the card and waited for it to arrive in the mail. When I saw the envelope sitting on the ledge when I got home from work, I was happy and ticked!! I believe the seller charged $2.50 for shipping and there was a regular small letter envelope with a .44 stamp on it waiting to be opened. If anything ticks me off more about ebay are the sellers that ship cards like this!! #@&*%&'$ Of course he is marked as someone not to buy from in the future.

Back to the card.....when I first saw the card I thought they looked pretty nice. I wanted to check this "paper" card out so I carefully removed it from the card holder and penny sleeve (which the seller did happen to use in his .44 shipment) you know, being paper and all, I didn't want to damage it. Heedless to say, I was a little disappointed, the card was not "paper" at all. However, it is a great looking card and I thought I would try some. So Friday I went to my local Target and bought a blaster box and a 3 pack rack pack that have these green border cards included. After opening the blaster I really liked the cards so on to the rack pack. I opened the green cards first and I got Pee Wee Reese, Bob Gibson and Ty Cobb(Yea!! another Tiger). I opened the other packs and in the second pack I pulled this beauty....


SWEET!!! An on card autograph!! Now normally, I would want to go back and buy more. However, I think I'm just going to chase the Tigers cards. They are nice cards and with on card autos...you can't beat it. So I do have some cards for trade for Tigers cards if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment